Welcome to the new Town of Belvidere web site!
First a little history about the Township - The Township was organized in the spring of 1855. The name Belvidere is derived from the French and in English means "A Beautiful Garden". The town is irregular in form and contains an area of about 303 square miles. The terrain consists for the most part of high rolling land, except on the westside where there is a level plain between the bluffs and the Mississippi River. There are a few small valleys, the largest is Rose Valley. Valleys are generally a black loam soil and very productive. Bluffs and high lands are of a clay loam. The Township is abundantly supplied with water from numerous streams, originating from springs. There are approximately 31 miles of blacktop and crush rock roads within the Township.